How do I setup web filtering on a group of Windows laptops or computers?
This article explains the process of setting up Mobicip on a group of Windows computers/laptops in your School/Enterprise.
Note: If you're a parent setting up parental controls on Windows for your family, head to this article instead.
Enterprise Account Setup
Create a Mobicip Enterprise account. This account is distinct from a Mobicip family or consumer account. Let us know the email address that you used for the setup, so we can add the licenses to your account.
Once licenses are setup and confirmation email is received, login to your Mobicip account and select Filter Profiles from the menu. Setup one or more filter profiles, one for each group of devices that will share the same filtering settings. For instance, you may want to setup a profile for each classroom, team or sub-group within a classroom.
- Using any browser, login to your account.
- Select Filter Profiles from the menu.
- Click on 'Add Profile' to setup new profiles, say one per classroom or cohort of students.
- For the filter profile you wish to edit, click the edit icon next to the restriction option.
- Select the restriction option and save your selection by clicking on the tick button.
Mobicip for Windows - Request Custom Build
You are probably in touch with Mobicip Support regarding a quote or free trial already. Just contact support and request a custom build of Mobicip for Windows. Share your Mobicip account credentials so we can automate the login step during deployment.