This article shows you how to setup Mobicip on a child's iOS device (iPhone or iPad).
Summary: Download Mobicip app from the app store, select Child as the primary user and follow prompts to install Mobicip MDM.
Before you Begin
Using the Mobicip app on your child's device, you can
- Set up Mobicip parental controls and assign the filtering settings you customized for your child
- Install Mobicip MDM profile to monitor all activities on the device
- Purchase Mobicip subscription (We recommend using the parent device to purchase the subscription and set up your account. This is to prevent the subscription from being tied to your child's iTunes account in case they have a separate account and also from possible cancellation of the subscription in the Settings app).
Please note that
- Mobicip Parental Controls work by installing the Mobicip app on your Child's device. Monitoring won't start until the Mobicip MDM profile is installed on your child's device.
- To allow/block apps in your child's device, you need to set it up in "Supervise" mode. You will need a computer (Windows or Mac) in order to supervise your iOS device.
- You need to have access to your children's device to setup Mobicip in Child Mode. Please ensure adding each of your children separately while setting up the Parent app so you can monitor their activities accurately.
- Once the Mobicip MDM profile is installed, deleting the Mobicip app on your child's device won't impact the monitoring. You will need the app only when the device is passed on to another child in the family and you need to change the primary child user of the device.
- Please refer to this article on how to set up notifications and if you have questions about your child uninstalling the app.
1. On your child's iPhone or iPad, visit App store and dowload Mobicip Parental control app.
2. Open the app and choose Child as the primary user of the device to begin setting up Mobicip.
3. Read our terms and conditions and Click on 'Continue' in the following screens.
4. Scan the QR code for your account either from your Mobicip Parent app or online Mobicip account. Alternately, you can also type your credentials by choosing the 'Login Using Parent Account' option at the bottom.
5. If you do not have an account already, create one.
6. Assign the Child who will primarily use the device from your list of children and proceed with profile installation.
7. Follow the prompts to install Mobicip's profile on the device.
8. Once dowload is complete, install the Profile through iPhone Settings App.
9. Open the iPhone Settings app > Profile Downloaded > Install at the top right corner.
10. In case you have Restrictions enabled on the device, enter your restrictions passcode.
11. Select ‘Trust’ in the 'Remote Management' popup.
12. Mobicip’s Management Profile is now installed on the device.
13. Once done, please open the Mobicip app and follow the prompts until registration is successful.
14. Thats it! Your child's device is secured by Mobicip.
15. Click on 'Start Secure Browsing' option to start browsing internet. Access to inappropriate content will be blocked based on the profile settings mapped to the device. In case you would like to disable Safari for some reason check this article.
Next step: For app blocking feature to work, you need to supervise your child's iOS device. It is highly recommended that you 'supervise' your child's iPhone or iPad. Learn more
7.a 7.b. 7.c. 7.d.
9.a. 9.b. 9.c.
13.a. 13.b. 13.c. 13.d.
Click on Manage in the next window.