This article shows you how to setup Mobicip in Child mode on your Child’s Android Smartphone or Tablet
Summary: Download Mobicip from Google Play, select Child as the primary user, and login using your Mobicip account.
Before you Begin
Using the Mobicip app on your child's device, you can
- Set up Mobicip parental controls and assign the filtering settings you customized for your child who will primarily use the device
- While you will be able to purchase a Mobicip subscription, we recommend using the parent device to purchase the subscription and set up your account. This is to prevent the subscription from being tied to your child's Play Store account in case they have a separate account and also from possible cancellation of the subscription.
Please note that
- Mobicip Parental Controls work only by installing the Mobicip app on your Child's device. Monitoring won't start until the Mobicip app is installed on your child's device.
- You need to have access to your children's device so that you can install Mobicip on their device and begin monitoring. Please ensure adding each of your children separately while setting up the Parent app so you can monitor their activities accurately.
- Please refer to this article on how to set up notifications and this article will answer any questions you may have about your child uninstalling the app.
On your child's Android smartphone or tab, download Mobicip from Google Play and select Child as the primary user.
From your child's device, scan the QR code.
The device registers with your account and any parental controls you have selected will be applied immediately. If you do not have the QR code handy, just login with your Mobicip account.
Select the child who will be using this device.
You will see a number of permissions pop up as the device registers with Mobicip. Allow each of these permissions to ensure that Mobicip works correctly.
You should see a confirmation screen. Mobicip is now protecting your child's device.