This article describes how to
- setup Mobicip's parental controls to protect your family on Windows computers
- enable filtering for each Windows user account
Summary: Download and enable Mobicip on the Windows PC using your account, and map each child to his/her Mobicip child profile.
|Windows - 32-bit|
|Windows - 64-bit|
Before you Begin
Please ensure that
- You are logged into the Windows computer as an administrator.
- Your Windows computer has Windows 7, 8 or 10. Mobicip does not support older versions and Domain User/Active Directory setup.
- You created an account on Mobicip.com and added your children. We recommend creating separate child profiles for each child to track their activity accurately.
- Mobicip won’t get installed if you have Kaspersky Internet Security installed on your device.
Go to mobicip.com and click on 'Login' if you already have an account or 'Create Account' to Sign up. Once the account is created, you will see a confirmation and receive an email.
Enable Mobicip's Parental Controls on Windows
Please ensure that you have created separate user accounts for each of your children on your Windows computer with standard access (not administrator access). Login as administrator on your computer.
Determine the version of Windows on your computer and download Mobicip.
Launch the installer and allow admin access to proceed with installation.
Read and agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
Let the installation complete.
Once the installation is successful, close the installer and restart the computer (you can restart later too if you wish).
You should see the Mobicip icon on the desktop.
Double click and login using your Mobicip account (or you have the option to create one if you haven't already. Also, add children and customize Mobicip parent control settings).
Let the device registration process complete.
Once the registration is complete, the window will close.
Enable Mobicip for Each User Account
The next step is to connect each Windows user account to their Mobicip child profile. Double click on the Mobicip icon and login again.
Select the specific Windows user account you wish to enable Mobicip filtering. The following screen will show a list of Windows users on your device - you can map each child user to their relevant Mobicip child profile. In case you haven't added children, please login to your Mobicip.com account on any browser and add each child.
Choose the desired child profile and click on Save.
Repeat the same steps for the other user accounts (if any) you have on your Windows device.
Thats it! Once your child logs in to your Windows device with their user account info, their specific profile will be applied and filtering will be enabled.
Congratulations! Your PC is now setup with Mobicip's parental controls.