If you are a school or business and wish to deploy Mobicip's web filter on your Chromebooks, follow the steps below.
NOTE: It is assumed that you have access to the Chromebook Management Console in your Google domain and that the Chromebooks you wish to protect are enrolled in it.
Chrome Manager Setup
1. Login into your Google Apps admin account, and select Device Management > Chrome Management > User Settings. Before you proceed, select the domain or organization you wish to configure Mobicip for.
2. Under 'Force-installed Apps and Extensions', select 'Manage force-installed apps'.
5. Search for and add 'Mobicip'.
Save to return to 'User Settings'.
5. Back in 'User Settings', search for 'Proxy Settings'. Make sure it is set to 'Allow user to configure'.
7. Search for 'Incognito Mode' and disallow it.
Save all the changes made in 'User Settings' so far.
8. Go back to Device Management > Chrome and select Device Settings. Search for 'Guest Mode' and make sure it is not allowed.
10. Go back to Device Management and select Network > Certificates.
11. Upload the certificate (MobicipRootCA.cer) and select the option 'Use this certificate as an HTTPS certificate authority.'
Login on a Chromebook as a user enrolled in the organization. Launch Chrome and login using your Mobicip account (NOTE: this step can be automated when you deploy in bulk. Please contact support for assistance.)
Thats it! Your Chromebooks are filtered now. Login at mobicip.com from any browser or computer to manage your settings and monitor usage.