Ubiquitous Internet access on your home PC desktop, laptop or netbook is a wonderful thing and your children need this access more than ever. But how do you keep them safe as they navigate the myriad content online and learn safe browsing?
This tutorial will walk you through the setup of Mobicip's Internet filter and parental controls on any Windows computer.
Mobicip account setup:
You will need a Mobicip.com account to be able to use Mobicip. To setup an account, simply visit mobicip.com and click 'Sign Up' at the top right. Once the account is created, you will receive a confirmation email.
How to setup Mobicip on Windows
1. The first step is to download Mobicip to your computer. Follow this link to find out which version of Windows you have. Once you are sure about the version, click one of the links below to download Mobicip.
System Requirements: Any computer with Windows 7 / 8 or 10
NOTE: If you have tried a beta version of the Mobicip before, please uninstall the program first before proceeding to the next step.
2. Once downloaded, double click the .exe file. Allow admin access to proceed with installation.
3. You have now installed Mobicip. You will be prompted to restart the computer. Once you restart and login again, you should now see the Mobicip icon on your desktop.
4. Double click the icon to launch Mobicip, and enter your Mobicip.com account username and password. (NOTE: this step can be automated when you deploy in bulk. Please contact support for assistance.)
5. Click Login to proceed. On this page, all Windows users in the device will be listed. Select a Windows user to setup Mobicip filter.
6. On selecting a windows user, all your Mobicip filter profiles will be listed. Select a profile to set for this Windows user. You can set different filter profiles for different windows users. For instance, one user on this system could be at the Mature filtering level and another could be at the Moderate filtering level. Depending on the user who is logged into the computer, the appropriate filtering profile will be applied.
7. Click Save and you will see Mobicip filtering status for the user.
Congratulations! Your PC is now setup with Mobicip's Internet filter. You can now visit mobicip.com from any computer and login using your Mobicip.com account to configure the filter and monitor the browsing activity.