1. Touch ID: The iPhone 5S supports fingerprint-scanning. You can use your fingerprint in lieu of a passcode. But more importantly, it can be tied to your Apple ID. So your kids cannot download an app without your "finger" of approval.
2. AirDrop: A peer-to-peer, fully encrypted method to share something with someone near you. You don't even need WiFi to use this feature. Really cool!
3. Find My iPhone Activation Lock: If you lose your iPad and you had 'Find My iPhone' enabled on it, this will protect you. You can remotely wipe the device and no one can restore or do much with itwithout your Apple ID.
4. Contacts Blocking: Phone, FaceTime and Messages can block specific people from being able to contact your child.
6. Privacy: The Restrictions feature includes a bunch of privacy locks for apps that access personal data from your phone.
7. Check Cellular Data Use: Some apps hog cellular data. You can quickly review them and restrict them to WiFi only.