It is no surprise that laptops and tablets were among the top gifted gadgets over the holiday season. For parents overwhelmed with all the new technology in the household, it is easy to overlook some basic steps to ensure that kids stay safe on these gadgets.
Experts say a few simple steps will go a long way to protect your family.
- Setup parental controls on phones, tablets and computers.
- Install an Anti-Virus program on the computers.
- Update software and firmware right away.
- Learn about the social media apps that your kids use.
- When not in use, turn off Bluetooth on the devices.
- Setup and use a router-based firewall.
- Wipe old devices before disposing or gifting.
Having dispelled a possibly false sense of security, you can rest assured that your family is protected while you stay connected, engaged, and in touch with the new world that we all live in, whether we choose to or not.
Keep in touch with the latest on parenting, technology and education. Subscribe to the Mobicip newsletter.