In this issue...
- How to Prevent Workarounds to Safe Browsing
- Like Mobicip on iOS? Mobicip for Windows 7 (Beta) Now Available
- FAQ Spotlight: Will My Subscription Renew Automatically?
How to Prevent Workarounds to Safe Browsing
This is the single most common question we are asked by parents and the most common reason to upgrade to the Premium service.
See this article for a comprehensive tutorial. At a minimum, use the Restrictions feature of iOS to turn off Safari, YouTube and apps rated 17+. Even with this setup, there may be one additional problem. The native Google and Bing apps are incorrectly rated at 4+ on the App Store, and this is what you can do to block them:
We hope you find these suggestions helpful.
- Use Restrictions to turn off the App Store. You can always turn it back on temporarily to allow app downloads.
- Check the device periodically and delete Bing and/or Google, if installed.
- Upgrade to Mobicip's Premium service and keep tabs on the Internet activity through the Safe Browser. Persistent lack of activity should be reason to take steps 1 or 2 above, and of course have a conversation with your child.
Like Mobicip on iOS? Mobicip for Windows 7 (Beta) Now Available
By popular request, Mobicip for Windows is available in the form of a public beta. To participate in the beta, simply express your interest via email or through the contact form. We will set you up with a free trial and send you instructions immediately.
FAQ Spotlight: Will My Subscription Renew Automatically?
If it has been over a year since you purchased the Premium subscription, it might be time to renew it in order to keep the level of service. Your subscription may be renewed automatically provided the credit card information is still valid.
If the subscription is not renewed, Mobicip will continue to work using the default filtering level setting you had selected. Any custom filtering settings will be ignored and no Internet activity reports will be generated. To renew your subscription, simply login at www.mobicip.com and click "Renew now".
If there are other issues or features you want to highlight to us, please send a quick note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to listen to your feedback and fix problems as best we can.