Here is a step-by-step guide to setup parental control restrictions on Android smartphones and tablets like the Kindle Fire and Samsung Galaxy tablet. iPhone and iPod Touch users can find a similar tutorial here and iPad users can find one here.
Mobicip offers a best-selling alternate browser that enables parental controls on your child's Android device. It is simple to setup and works anytime anywhere! The Mobicip Safe Browser is protected by a mobicip.comaccount setup by the parent.
Mobicip Safe Browser Setup
The Safe Browser is now available for download from Google Play (formerly Market). Follow the steps below to download and install the Safe Browser. If you have already downloaded the Safe Browser, skip to step four below.
1. On your Android device, launch Google Play (formerly Market), and select Apps.
Note: Kindle Fire users will not have access to Google Play. Until Mobicip is live on the Amazon App Store, you will need to sideload the Mobicip apk. Follow the steps here to sideload.
2. Search for Mobicip and install the Safe Browser app. If you have successfully installed the app, you should be able to find the icon on your home screen.
4. Launch the Safe Browser and login using your Mobicip.com account. Select the filtering profile you wish to apply to this device. You can tap the URL bar at the top of the app and browse to any website.
5. If you do not have an account, touch Create New Account and register. Once your account is created, you can use it to enable the Safe Browser app.
6. Now select the filtering profile you wish to apply to this device.
7. When done, you will see the browser open up. You can now enter the URL you wish to visit.
General Parental Control Restrictions Setup
The Mobicip app includes the ability to password-protect other apps through your Mobicip password. The goal is to disable the Android browser and any other apps that allow unrestricted access to the web, and ensure that Mobicip is the only safe browser available.
1. Launch Mobicip and select Menu > More > Settings.
2. By default, Mobicip will password-protect the installation and deletion of new apps. Unless you wish to change this setting, no action is required on your part.
3. Select App Restrictions. You will be asked to enter your Mobicip.com password.
3. At a minimum, you should block the default browser, the Google Play store (formerly Market) and any other browser apps. The apps you block will not be removed from the device. They will simply be password-protected.
That is it! You can be rest assured that your child will have a safe and secure Internet enabled device that he/she can use anytime anywhere!